Imaging with CropReporter
PhenoVation, the camera system manufacturer, will provide the CropReporter. This cabinet with a monochrome camera and a filter wheel will provide whole plant imaging on a pixel scale of chlorophyll fluorescence, multi spectral measurements, colour and green/red fluorescence protein. The CropReporter will use PAM, OJIP, NIR, far red and custom protocols to image photosynthesis efficiency, chlorophyll index and anthocyanin index.
CropReporter: whole plant imaging of Photosystem II at megapixel resolution
CropReporter measures fluorescence images at megapixel resolution providing the 0-, I- and P-level of the Kautsky induction curve of Photosystem II. Fluorescence parameters are calculated per pixel and displayed as images. Multispectral images are captured using the same optical layout as for the fluorescence images and an optical filter wheel. This yields images of the Chl-index (correlates with the amount of chlorophyll), Ant-index (correlates with the amount of anthocyanin), NDVI (normalized difference vegetation index), NIR and colour.
Measuring fluorescence and spectral images of whole plants using high resolution camera imaging and modulated LED excitation:
- Camera frame rate of 4 up to 100 images/s at 14 bit
- Time-lapse recording
- All LED light sources for red, far-red, white, green, blue and uv
- Built-in computer for timed imaging, light control and data storage
- Pixel-to-pixel information on fluorescence and multispectral
- 30 fluorescence images of 1 Mp in 1 second
- 4 fluorescence images of 6 Mp in 1 second
- In darkness: F0, FI, Fm
- In the light: Fs’, FI’, and Fm’
- Spectral images at 6 bands
- Imaged area from 20 x 20 cm2 up to 70 x 70 cm2 (depending on model)
- High Depth of Field (DOF) Images of plants on multiple parameters
- Fv/Fm=ϕPo=(Fm-F0)/Fm (maximum quantum yield of PSII photochemistry)
- ϕRo=(Fm-FI)/Fm (quantum yield of reduction of end acceptors of PSI)
- ϕPSII=ϕPt=Fq’/Fm’=(Fm’-Fs’)/Fm’ (effective quantum yield of PSII photochemistry)
- ETR (Electron Transport Rate)
- Chl-index, Ant-index, NIR, NDVI, color in red, green and blue
- Raw 16 bit format on all captured images for using open source or other
Analysis software included:
- Photosynthesis analysis
- Color analysis
- Region of interest
- Overlay of different images
- Batch mode analysis
Training and data analysis
These videos tutorials on phenovation.com will show you how to use our software. Every videos has a different subject.
Source: CropReporter – phenovation.com.